Monday, June 4, 2007

I Made it

Just a brief note letting everyone know that I´ve made it to Jiquilillo, Nicaragua. I´m so excited at being back and spent the first few days getting re-aquainted with everyone. It was nice to see all my friends again. However, things have changed in the village so it was a bit strange to see. The people I kept in contact with never mentioned the changes, because it was a natural progression for them, and they didn´t even think about it.
Currently, I´m in the City of Chinandega, using the internet to stay connected to everyone who has helped so far. Things with the vehicle have been progressing well. Nate, my friend and owner of Rancho Esperanza, is helping me. Today, we looked at one pick-up in Chinandega, but our mechanic told us it was junk. We have three more to look at tomorrow in Managua. Keep your fingers crossed.
Things with the school have been moving a bit slower on the other hand. I´ve been having a hard time connecting with the teachers. This past week was a bit different for them, with Nicaraguan Mothers Day right in the middle of the week and a huge teachers meeting on Thrusday and Friday. We have another meeting set up for the end of this week, so hopefully things will get rolling soon.
I do want to thank everyone once again for their support. I will not let you, me, nor my friends down! Sorry there is no picture I forgot to upload my pictures to my memory chip. Next week.

No comments: