Sunday, May 6, 2007

Getting Ready to Go


So my time in Maine is winding down. I will be leaving on May 23rd, and I am sooo excited. I will be working this next week trying to get all the loose ends tied up at the houses that I have been cleaning and organizing. For my last full week in Maine I will be purchasing gifts for my some of my closest friends, with the cold hard cash I have been earning from my jobs. I will also be packing up all my goodies (clothing, GPS tracking devices, crafts, and toys for the kids). I have so much stuff and have recently learned that I need to limit myself to 5 checked bags. It is amazing how quickly the donation piles built up. I am hoping that I can fit it all in. Otherwise who knows maybe I'll have to make another trip in quicker than I originally thought.

As for the fundraising I have been working on I am trying to get everything organized and figure if a vehicle is still possible. As of today, I have raised just over $5,500. This amount is amazing and I can't believe I did it, however, it is also not as much as I was hoping for. In order to sponsor 15 children and purchase the vehicle I was hoping for $12,500. I am hoping the article that ran in this weeks Forecaster will help a little more. Only time will tell but I've got my fingers crossed till then.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great job Stephany! This world should have more young people with hope, heart and drive. Way to go girl!

Unknown said...

STEF...

its phil and i am in puerto viejo, costa rica con me novia. hit me an email and we can maybe make a trip up to see you in nicaragua....

pamidon@gmail.com

cheers
PHIL